Translate

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

living with dilophosaurus

miles suggested we have a big party for everyone in san francisco, no, everyone in the world, and we could all hug each other the whole time.

is this the same kid who is driving me nuts yelling inside like someone with tourettes, pulling my clothes and pushing me from behind as he runs down the hall, and grabbing from and knocking over his little sister? not to mention many many scatological jokes and fits, fits, fits, about seemingly nothing...

my son competes with his baby sister about things like...is my cough louder than maya's? they still have shoving matches about who gets to sit on my fabulous lap.

he tells me he follows all the rules at school because the teachers tell them what to do and not do, a lot.

i feel that i tell him what to do and not do, a lot. a whole lot.

tonight miles told me that he tries to remember to be nice to me all the time, but sometimes he just forgets. i could see his little brain churning as he told me this. he also tells me he doesn't want to go to school because he wants to be with me all the time because he loves me so much.

hopefully things will calm down around here soon. right now it feels pretty wild. but of course i love my little dilophosaurus more than any boy in the world.

No comments: