Translate

Friday, February 1, 2008

video by david cronan

the night before maya's bday an old old friend was in town to visit mike, matt harris, now doing his post doc in germany with his wife. they have a little one now, lily.

mike organized a jam session with matt, kim, and chris at lennon studios. i took the bus down and wandered around under the freeway a bit with my brother's bad directions. 2 men living in shopping cart cities asked me in a friendly way if i wanted to buy some speed. no thanks. i did get this feeling, though, that i needed a strong drink. i bought a big bottle of jaegermeister at trader ho's and found the studio. i just had that feeling, a slight disconnect between brain and body, that only a little heavy drinking would cure. it was SO GOOD to see my friends in this studio. i surprised myself by going straight to the drums and banging away. it felt SO GOOD to bang on drums for awhile with my old friends and bandmates. then i spent a long long time singing/yelling/howling into the mic. this is cheap therapy, for those of us with kids and jobs. thank you mike, matt, kim and chris for this fun night. i came home in a taxi and threw a 30 buck tip at the driver.

the next morning was not so pleasant as i prepared for a 2 year birthday with an early rising 2 year old, a jealous 4 year old, cupcakes rich forgot to add eggs to, a headache, and a roiling tummy.

which all brings me to the point of this post, to let you see and hear my old old band yusakuta, if you want. parents, skip this one. it actually sounds pretty bad, but thank you so much david cronan for capturing this part of history for me. it brings back emotions--this was such a fun time, but i just want to grab mr tedduh out of the video and keep him safe with me.

here's the link to david's video

1 comment:

kim said...

Hey I can't get the video!!!!
Must See!!!
Glad we jammed. Lets do it again. I was thinking we should do this at least once a month.
PLEASE send link to video!!!!