Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

yikes


maya told me that a boy in her kindergarten class has a crush on her. she told me that he said liked her clothes, said she was smart, and that she was pretty and he liked everything about her.

this afternoon she wanted me to pretend i was a boy wearing jeans and a black t-shirt and sunglasses who was watching her dance. her idea was that she would come over and ask me to dance and i would be so surprised and happy and shy because i was in love with her. but then i would dance with her and we would kiss. a good distraction got me out of this rock and roll version of cinderella because her brother came in and they started playing a wildly unsuccessful jump rope game which ended in two injuries .

i think we need to keep maya away from teen media. no more good luck charlie episodes or high school musical in mandarin.

No comments: