Translate

Monday, August 25, 2008

we haven't fled yet


we travelled across the country and back on amtrak and had a lovely time in small towns and suburbs. what can i say? green grass yards perfect for hide-and-seek, driveways in front of houses, lush summer trees, friends with big houses and guest rooms. quiet at night and clean sidewalks. swimming pools and more swimming pools.

thought-provoking, yes, but we are back in our crazy loud city, enjoying the new skate park, digging holes by the pacific ocean, playing with our new guinea pigs ajax and prince mermaid, checking out the renaissance fair, hanging out with new and old friends and neighbors, meeting our tiny nephew, returning to work.

and here is miles on his first day of kindergarten. looking at his little face in this photo makes me want to cry. my big boy. my baby. he drives me crazy sometimes but i will state that obvious, i LOVE this kid, so, so , much.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Man, he looks go grown up - I think he may be the tallest in his class! Tell me all about it!
Love you!!!
-C

Anonymous said...

omg that photo brought a huge smile to my face! what a big day for you guys and so many of my friends here in SF (we still have another week to wait). I hope all went well with day #1!
love,


gc

Anonymous said...

He looks great! Glad to hear from you all. Know you've been super busy..but was getting worried. Happy school, happy new nephew!

SV

Anonymous said...

He looks so proud, and so brave! The whole group is totally adorable, but he is definitely THE cutest (and I don't only say that as a grandma).
We're all proud of him!!
L xoxoxox M'nD