Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

nonsense post



c'mon, people, can't we do better than this? seeing this litter and weed infested tree pit makes me think of how there is so much potential in humans. we can all throw our trash in the street, or we can walk one more block and throw it in a trash can.

see what these nice elderly people on 23rd street have done with their house? they keep up their garden and plant pretty flowers and staple and glue tacky little plastic toys all over everything to create an effect that is actually quite lovely and entrancing for the little ones.

sorry, i am a little off tonight. my car got hit during the night a few days ago and it is getting appraised tomorrow. who knows if we will be carless soon, i do not trust the insurance folks to do the right thing, whatever the commercials say. the person who hit me left a note with their number and my insurance has taken over. i am counting down the days until summer vacation starts as work has been very meeting-heavy with some administrative shenanigans i have been unwillingly dragged into.

summer! i will emabark upon a serious exercise routine. write my speculative fiction novel. enrich all the soil in my backyard garden. find an awesome planter to put on our sidewalk to combat the trash and general blightiness of our block. spend quality time with my wonderful children, enjoying each other and not yelling "i'm going to kill you!" (yes, i actually said this the other day. maya: "kill me?..." (breaks into sobs). overcome or accept my phobias. develp myself professionally as i have no time to do this during the school year. make plans to be super-volunteer at my kids' school and try not to panic about maya entering mandarin immersion kindergarten with all of its demands and who knows who for a kindergarten teacher. catch up with my far away friends, some of whom are only 30 minutes away.

take some deep breaths. stop watching netflix. figure out some s*(^%.

nighty night. mom, enjoy the on-deck hot tub for me.
xo

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Well, at least the person who hit your car left their name and insurance information. That in itself is uplifting!

And I'm having the same fantasies about summer too! I know we're going to accomplish all of our goals in just 10 mere weeks!