Translate

Monday, October 1, 2007

super geek and little super geek

hi

when i was in 7th grade i won a school-wide essay contest (i kind of peaked in 7th grade or so, getting 2 stories published, winning the county spelling bee, winning essay contests). then i discovered boys--not that they discovered me for a while longer.

my essay topic was given to me for the contest "a day without gravity". i have absolutely no memory of this essay's content. the winners received a year long subscription to a magazine of their choice. i chose national geographic
and i actually thought this was the cool thing to do. i soon found out from my friends, who were pretty geeky themselves,that i should have chosen something different--most likely
tiger beat. oops.

anyway, i am spending too much time reading things on the internet lately and keep coming back to national geographic online. it is pretty cool, i think. but what do i know?

miles loves national geographic for kids. he reads it crouched by the door on the bernal heights library floor. poor guy, doomed to be nerdy like his mom. or maybe his father's cool rock guitar hero's genes will balance things out.

sweet dreams

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey, geek is the new cool - go Miles! I'm hoping my kids inherit Kaveh's geekiness and not be as social as I was. I wasted way too much time on Tiger Beat!

Anonymous said...

Hi jamie,

shannon forwarded your blog to me this morning. i like it.

nate(her brother)