Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2008

nostalgia

an old roomate of mine from the wild days in newark and philly was in town for a conference and came over for brunch. we spent several hours reminiscing and he told me about all the people who had returned to the philly area to settle down after years travelling, exploring, grad, school. would we have been on this list if we hadn't chanced into buying our lovely flat in the mission, san francisco. the visit got me stirred up and so envious of being in a place where people are coming back , not just leaving. it made me call c in the midwest to reiterate my endless plea to "come back to san francisco!"

my parents are selling their PA home and moving to sonoma, so don't worry mom, i'm not moving to ardmore anytime soon, but i am feeling, more than ever, kind of isolated by the events and geography in my circle of loved ones' lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Cassie said...

Hello. This post is likeable.

Sorry - I just wanted to join the spam club!

Hmm, do you have the link for your parents house? Just curious. But you do know how much I LOVE that house!! Let's buy it together! We could fit a dome on the property, right?
Can't wait to see you in June and July!