Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2007

my little girl

here's maya at 2 months. my mom (see, i mention you a lot in here mom) noticed that she was smiling through her tears, and there were a lot of tears for the first months. the world is a rough place. today when i dropped maya off at her babysitter, kika's for a few hours, she clung to me for a minute and said "nnnnOOoooo" (sounds a little like a cow--fair imitation of her big brother), then stuck out her lower lip, went to kika, and waved what looked like a slightly grudging goodbye at me. another little friend had been dropped off before us and she had waved goodbye to her mom so maybe maya was just copying her. but my little baby, unable to understand where i go when i am not there, waved goodbye. later this seemed like a big deal. she often goes happily to kika and doesn't look back, but some days, like today, seems to want more mommy time and clings and protests. she is growing up. she was a stoic little day care warrior today. she made a choice to say goodbye intead of crying and even though it makes me sad she is growing so fast i am proud of her.

No comments: