Translate

Sunday, April 11, 2010


it has been a rainy weekend. lucky for us there was a lull for soccer, and two birthday parties to keep the kids occupied. here is a glamorous handbag maya and i made from a pair of jeans.

maya and i went to the new potrero hill branch library on friday, and while maya spent a loooonngg time in the spacious and lovely bathroom i actually got a chance to get some books for myself. the view from this library is amazing, i could move in. i just took a bath reading diane di prima's autobiography recollections of my life as a woman, taking care to keep the pages dry.

rich is down the hall recording some eerie atmospheric guitar sounds. i am blogging, my head filled with images from the weekend, my kids, my kids, my kids. i made banana bread and butternut squash soup. maya carrying a notebook around and scribbling things crouched in a corner with sunglasses on, being harriet the spy. miles working for hours at the long table to finish count dooku's ship. the soccer game with kids from all the strands at miles' school.

our friend's six month old quieted down and then fell asleep on my shoulder today it felt so good.

maybe tomorrow there will be time to garden. rain just keeps coming down. a dog is barking, barking, and downstairs someone is learning wii drums. we will find out more about school budgets soon. i can hear faint waves of traffic and smell the freesia we picked out back. maybe someday soon i will get it together to write beyond this blog again. right now these little bits and pieces are all i have in me to share.

No comments: